Saturday 16 February 2008

Idle thoughts!

Well to those who actually read these things I thought that I'd better post another blog, though not much has actually happened in my hum drum little existence!
Tried miserably to take some photos of the pups last weekend with little success as I am so bad at taking photos ( and editing them!) give me a video any day- which reminds me to post some new video soon!
Got to pick my new work car this week, as `I've just been promoted to the National Clinical Nurse Educator ! ( I am Unique- in more ways than one) as I drive about 35-40000 miles a year in the thing I thought long and hard about the choice ( It has to be within a certain amount of money) in the end it was between a Mazda 6 estate and a Volvo V50 estate, as the Mazda est isn't out till about may I decided on the Volvo estate- not the biggest car in the world, and I'll need to get a new car cage but it is a souped up sporty estate in a pearly dark blue colour, with black and white sporty leather seats etc, I get it at the end of March.
Took Ruby training up to Andys this week, Note to self- must do more training! I'm sure all the other people in the Crufts champs are training more than 1 hour a week! Her speed is back now with a vengeance, need to tighten her up now and get her fitter, it 'll be the super nipples she has now that'll cause us problems in the coming season, instead of having one big nipple we now have a uniform 6-8 big nipples! We've also got a right turn issue at the moment, so we'll iron that out this week. She is so headstrong on the contacts though, just as she starts to get one another one goes! I wish I had the security I have with pucks contacts that I have with her's ! I can see now why contacts aren't an issue for some other handlers, it's also myself that I've got to work on- ie being consistent in body position on the contacts as she takes her cue's from that. We've got the speed back, now to work on the control. Got my Newton Heath running orders through today, not a big show at all! Only 40 grade 7's and 100 grade 6's and 90 in the ABC! it'll be Puck's first grade 6 runs (remember he won out at the beginning of September last year! and ruby's first comp since chippenham! Needless to say I can't wait!
Got a copy of the official Olympia dvd this week -presentation should have been dramatically better than it actually is for the money that was paid for it! But actually saw ambers missed contact- she missed 2 a-frames this year- one in the DIN abc final and the other at Olympia (consistant) I think she missed her normal stride pattern on the way up the A frame and it made her 'short' on the down and her momentum carried her off- she ran so well for me that day though, her weaves were awesome, I wish she'd do it week in week out - keep forgetting she's got Crufts as well- first run at 8.30 on the friday morning!

Picture of Indie before he went to Scotland


Picture of him this week- what ears and so handsome!

Some of the poor pics I took last weekend
Halo



Little 'mo' (red and tan) still hoping for a home- any readers please pass the word about!

2 comments:

Lorna said...

Of course I read your Blog!

Nice to see Indie has settled well :)

See you at Newton Heath.

Lorna x and Kaiser x

Mand said...

Hm and me too!! lol. Sad isn't it. As for the training for Crufts.. hm i'm trying. Honest!!

Oh and sorry, Mazda 6 estates are great. A mate of mine, sales rep so does loads of miles, has one been in it a few times and it is great. But obviously he has the old one. Hope volvo is good!